Thank you for your interest in becoming a member artist at Number 7 Arts. Please review the information below before submitting your application. If you have any questions email email@example.com.
Information for Prospective Members
Artist dues are $65.00 per month, payable before the end of the prior month, quarterly or annually. Note that new members must pay their first and last month’s rent upon acceptance into the co-op. When a member leaves the co-op their last month’s rent is thereby covered. The gallery commission on all sales is currently 30%, with artists receiving 70% of the sale price. Our contract year runs from March 1 through the last day of February. New members are expected to complete the current year. At the end of that contract year, new members will either be invited to sign a 12-month contract or be asked to remove their work from the gallery.
General Membership Requirements
- Participate in all training sessions and co-op meetings.
- Work a minimum of two half-day shifts per month and participate in as many gallery walks and other gallery events as possible.
- Keep their artwork fresh and up to gallery standards.
- Follow the general guidelines and instructions of the gallery leadership.
- Participate on committees and tasks such as gallery clean-up and maintenance days.All artists accepted into the co-op will be given a contact explaining duties and conditions in more detail which they must agree to and sign before the membership process is completed.
Number 7 Arts generally operates on a rolling Jury system. Applications and images will be evaluated as received in the timeliest manner possible.
When contacted and given a jury interview date and time, you will be asked to bring five works of art, one copy of your resume, one copy of your statement of why you would like to join the co-op, one copy of a personal reference letter,and a one-time non-refundable jury fee of $25.00.
Although the utmost care will be taken in handling artwork, Number 7 Arts will not be responsible for any damage or lost artwork submitted for jury purposes.